Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:57:59 -0700
From:      Gabriel Jones <gabriel@siliconmechanics.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ACPI question

To whom it may concern,

I have an issue with with FreeBSD 6.1-BETA4 what I was hoping you could
help address:

The kernel timecounter tests show that the ACPI timer is way, way off,
and I regularly get these messages from the scheduler:

    calcru: runtime went backwards from 4303326 usec to 3738581 usec for
pid 28 (irq17: em3)
    calcru: runtime went backwards from 19454204 usec to 16704508 usec
for pid 1 (init)
    calcru: negative runtime of -710189 usec for pid 84768 (as)
    calcru: negative runtime of -710179 usec for pid 3477 (as)

Running something like 'sysctl -a' will cause the scheduler to spew
these errors and completely stop process execution for a noticable
period of time. Other than this, the machine works without error.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--
Gabriel Jones