Date:      Mon, 17 May 2004 11:16:41 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: rancid-2.3

Mohacsi Janos writes:

>  Do you know a method to check, if a certain port does
>  not overwrite a file from another port?

	Such a thing exists, though I do not know the details.
	Look at net/samba and net/libsmbclient.  If you install either
and then try to install the other, the install will abort with a
warning about overwriting existing files.  (There is a flag one can
pass to "make install" to install them anyway.)

					Robert Huff