Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:39:01 -0400
From:      John Vaughan <jjvaughan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: 5.4 Installation Problems on Dell GX280 - Fatal trap 12

Thanks Stuart for reminding me of my alternative install options.=20
I'll try installing over serial tomorrow.  I've never had to install
off anything but a CD, so it will be a good learning experience for me
anyway.  Now to just dig out that old 486 and track down a Null modem
cable. . . .

Daniel, I'm still a little stumped why you were able to install 5.4 on
a GX280 without any problems.  Maybe there is some slight variation in
the Dell systems even though they are the same model #.  Who knows?=20
Or maybe a slight difference in our BIOS configs.  At least there is a
workaround - if not a very convient one.

-John

=20