Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:12:52 +0930 (CST)
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@eddie.dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is tickadj still required in -CURRENT ?

As the manual tickadj(8) says:

BUGS
     Fiddling with kernel variables at run time as a part of ordinary opera-
     tions is a hideous practice which is only necessary to make up for defi-
     ciencies in the implementation of adjtime(8) in many kernels and/or bro-
     kenness of the system clock in some vendors' kernels.  It would be much
     better if the kernels were fixed and the tickadj program went away.

So, has FreeBSD-CURRENT's kernel been fixed and can tickadj be removed
from the base system ?

I'm asking because to the uninitiated it is not clear whether tickadj
should be used (from reading the manual page) hence its presence in
/etc/rc.conf may cause confusion.

P.S. I run xntp on 2 of my -CURRENT systems but not on my home machine.