Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:37:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   -current will enter feature freeze on December 15th!

Yes, I'm sure you all never expected it, but we're actually on the
road for a 4.0 release in Q1 2000 (hopefully early January) and before
we can realistically begin that process, we have to stop throwing
kitchen sinks into -current and start making it work again instead. :-)

To that end, we'll be declaring a feature freeze on the 15th, after
which time people should just be working on tying off the worst of the
spurting arteries and spending more time thinking about fixing things
like gdb than thinking about significant architectural changes.  With
any luck, we'll have 4.0 out in time to catch the last of the new
millennium celebrations (or riots, depending on who you listen to :).

- Jordan