Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:47:50 -0500
From:      Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  Small Problems with Oracle for Linux for FreeBSD

	Hey guys, I went to this excellent web site

http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/howto-oracle.html

	It tells you how to setup oracle for linux under freebsd.  However, I ran
into a small problem.

lnetv2 -lnncc -lnsgl -lnsglc -lnmd -lnms -lnfp -lnms0 -lnetwork -L/usr/lib
-ldl
-lc
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.29/crtbegin.o: In function
`__do_gl
obal_dtors_aux':
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.29/crtbegin.o(.text+0x31):
undefine
d reference to `__deregister_frame_info'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.29/crtbegin.o: In function
`frame_d
ummy':
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.29/crtbegin.o(.text+0x5a):
undefine
d reference to `__register_frame_info'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tnslsnr] Error 1

This is for making the tcp_listener.  He mentions it in the web page, and I
run the line he mentions, but for some odd reason the linux compiler keeps
on barfing?  Does anyone hae any ideas on why this is not working?  I mean,
is that the right version of the egcs?  Should I try an older
version?  Does anyone know which version is needed to compile this?  If
they got this version to work, then it is obviously my fault so I should
look into it, but I tried a lot of little tricks and I cannot seem to
figure out what is wrong.  Thanks in advance!

-Carroll Kong