Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:44:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/32550: objprelink's binutils build looks in /usr/local/include

>Number:         32550
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       objprelink's binutils build looks in /usr/local/include
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD wwweasel.geeksrus.net 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sun Dec 2 19:14:12 EST 2001 root@wwweasel.geeksrus.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WWWEASEL i386

objprelink 1.1_1:

when building embedded version of binutils, compiler opts for include files
are -I/usr/local/include -I./../include. They should be the other way around.

If the freelibiberty port is installed, this is disastrous, as binutils' own
copy of libiberty will not compile, and there's no way to tell from the
errors what the problem is.

>How-To-Repeat:

Build the port. See the compiler command line.

Or install freelibiberty. Build the port. Watch it croak.

>Fix:

None yet. I'm working on KDE-2.2.2 post commit PRs. Hopefully maintainer can
whip up a quick patch.

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted: