Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:24:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kevin Street <street@iName.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        rknebel@csrlink.net, dkelly@hiwaay.net
Subject:   Re: fetchmail

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:

> > I recently downloaded the new port of fetchmail and tried to compile and
> > install it but it always stops with the error message cannot find<opie.h>
> > need OPIE SUPPORT
> > can anyone tell me what it is I need.
>
> I did the same thing the other week and forgot to send a send-pr on it. In
> any case fetchmail has been changing versions *a lot*. Checked just now and
> saw my fetchmail port changed Oct 16 (that's when I cvsup'ed it) and now
> wants fetchmail-4.3.1.tar.gz, fetchmail-4.2.8 was what I last installed on
> Sept 30.
You can either change the port's Makefile so it doesn't require OPIE by
commenting out the line:
   CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-opie
or you could build libopie on your system by going to /usr/src/lib/libopie
and doing a make (which also installs the opie.h file).

I think that libopie was being accidentally left out of the build world
makes.  It's been added to it recently so you could also do a make world
on a recent copy of the source to fix this.  No need for a send-pr now.
--
Kevin Street
street@iName.com