Date:      Sun, 25 May 2003 14:31:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Adam <raindogs_1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dumb newbie question about file-name completion

Here's a dumb newbie question...

I just installed FreeBSD 5.0 on my PC and, while I'm
extremely happy about this and have already spent many
hours playing around, I've hit an annoying snag with
the tab key file-name completion. Everything works
just fine when I'm logged in as root, but when I try
to use any of my other accounts I can't use this
feature (I don't even get the [BEEP]). What am I doing
wrong? Is it possible that my keyboard configuration
is not carried over to the user accounts I set up?
Obviously I don't want to go stomping around as root
when I don't really know what I'm doing, but this has
made entering commands a bit cumbersome and I'd like
to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Adam