Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 12:04:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        perl <perl@netmug.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6 with FreeBSD???

On Wed, 13 May 1998, perl wrote:

> work fine with FreeBSD.  I see some stuff in the LINT kernel about Cyrix
> chips but nothing about AMD.

There's no problem with AMD chips as far as I know. I tested 2.2.2-R. with
a K6/200 some month ago.

> Someone mentioned something about a 64MB RAM limit.  Is this true?

Automatic recognition during boot is limited to 64M. If you've more,
compile the kernel with:

options MAXMEM=<#K>

E.g.

options MAXMEM=131072

for 128 MB of memory.

Konrad Heuer

// Gesellschaft fuer wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH
// Goettingen (GWDG), Am Fassberg, D-37077 Goettingen, Germany
//
// kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de