Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:28:30 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: session save/restore

--=-vZFoW82gBHDAZhHc3GjI

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:12 -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> since moving to 2.14, i can not save my session, at least not so
> that it can be restored.
>=20
> logout does not even present the save option any more.
>=20
> if i run gnome-session-save --gui, it looks ok, but,
> when i restart, none of the windows are restored.
>=20
> what clue am i missing?

It works for me.  I just tested on a clean account as I do not want to
mess with my real user's session.  I added a terminal, ran
gnome-session-save --gui, and logged back in.  My terminal came up.  I
suppose you could check permissions on ~/.gnome2/session, and maybe try
ktrace'ing gnome-session-save to see if anything interesting shows up.

Joe

--=20

--=-vZFoW82gBHDAZhHc3GjI

--=-vZFoW82gBHDAZhHc3GjI--