Date:      26 Apr 1997 12:56:16 -0000
From:      mark thompson <thompson@squirrel.tgsoft.com>
To:        hackers@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maintainer of ft/lft

   From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
   Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:42:01 -0700 (MST)

   > > Do I need to go into the whole "VHS sucks, but it still won over Beta"
   > > discussion again?
   >
   > QIC is QIC...  interchangable...  interoperable...  do you have the
   > standards documents?  i do...

   Are these sufficient to write a driver that works with all QIC-117
   drives?

   If so, I withdrawl the aspersion, and would be *very* happy to know
   where you got the documentation.  I would probably even be willing
   to work on a driver for the IOmega tape drive, if you have a source
   for the technical documents not under non-disclosure; seeing as it's
   also QIC-117 and they are standard, it should be easy to write with
   QIC-117 documentation available.

					   Terry Lambert
					   terry@lambert.org

Terry,

A FEW standards are available at http://www.qic.org/  in beautiful Santa
Barbara, of all places.

The QIC-117 spec is among the ones found there.

It is my fervent hope that this will be enough information to maintain
the ft driver.

-mark