Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:30:55 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey S. Patton" <jeffrey@kspress.com>
To:        "'freebsd-doc@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems installing over internet

I searched through the faq and handbook but found no help

I have a 486 Zenith Laptop 12mb ram and 200mb hard drive.
I am able to follow the menus just fine up until I get to the actual installation point. I enter all the addresses that I know then hit enter then it says hold down alt and f3 or something like that to switch to the ppp dialer, then type term...
Well, what do I do after that I have tried atdt{isp's phone number} but nothing happens, I feel that there is something that I am lacking (perhaps a brain??) I am not sure if bsd knows that I have a modem, I think it detected the com port but beyond that it never asked for a modem.
What exactly do I do.
Any help would be greatly appreciate thank you very much.

Jeff Patton

"You know much that is hidden, oh Tim."
"Quite"
Monty Python - Quest for the Holy Grail