Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:22:22 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun JDK 1.2.2 _Final_ for Linux

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 01:26:08AM +0100, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The Sun JDK 1.2.2 for Linux has now been upgraded from beta/rc to final.
> See:
>
>    * http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/download-linux.html
>
> Altho the Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 rc4 works fine on my FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE
> system, I will attempt to get this one running as well. I wanna do some
> performance comparisons. I recall that the Blackdown port didn't have
> native thread support, but the Sun JDK did. Am I rite?

Close. The Blackdown port supports both native and green threads, the
Inprise port supports native threads only. I believe the IBM ports,
including the forthcoming 1.3 port are also native threads only.

Has anyone got native threads working under 3.x or 4.0? My attempts
under 3.3 so far have not been successful.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"for generous dead should not be checked by cold counsel."
- Gandalf