Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:01:50 -0600
From:      "Matt Hartzell" <mchartzell@earthlink.net>
To:        "'Andrzej Kwiatkowski'" <kwiatek@tpi.pl>
Cc:        <current@freebsd.org>, <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems with Adaptec 2120s

I had issues with 4.7 Release and the Adaptec 2120 as well.  I installed
5.0 RC3 using the ISO image and both my 2120 and 2200 controllers are
working fine.

I don't know what use you are putting this server to, might CURRENT be a
solution?  After compiling my kernel with out debugging options turned
on performance seems to be great.

One more thing to try - the 2120s supports online re-building of the
array.  Just for kicks, let the array complete the build process before
exitng the array config utility.

Matt Hartzell
Chief Technical Officer
Digital Technology & Surveillance