Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:56:24 +0300
From:      Nikolay Pavlov <quetzalcoatl@roks.biz>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd and mount_cd9660

Hi, Jonathan.

On Saturday, 23 October 2004 at 17:49:28 +1300, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running 5.3-STABLE, and seem to have a problem where if I run
> burncd, I am not able to mount the recently burnt CD. If I
> reboot the box, the mount on the CDwill succeed. I am experiencing
> this on 2 very different i386 boxes.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Quote from man burncd(8):

In the examples above, the files burned to data CD-Rs are assumed to be
ISO9660 file systems.  mkisofs(8), available in the FreeBSD Ports Collec-
^^^^^^^
tion, is commonly used to create ISO9660 file system images from a given
directory tree.

I think you that you have simply forgotten to prepare an image. Use
mkisofs.

Best regards,
	Nikolay Pavlov.