Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 97 10:29:40 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Michael Smith  <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Emulation of HP-UX or A*X?

> > Does FreeBSD have emulation for HP-UX, AIX, AUX or SunOS.  I know we
> > don't do solaris which is a V variant but SunOS was a BSD variant.
> > What would it take to get any of those working?
>
> Er, of the OS' you've listed, only AIX ever ran on Intel processors,
> and I don't think there was much in the way of commercial binaries.

Yah, I knew that (Though I can never remember between AIX and AUX which is
IBM's.)  There are some packages that are available that I would love to run
but don't want to get a Sun, or run NT.  Looks like NT is my only real choice
right now.

> How do you feel about writing processor emulations?

I would love to, unfortunately that is way beyond me at this time.  I'm
working on my coding, but that is some time off still.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 01/16/97 10:29:40