Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:54:10 -0500
From:      Mike Galvez <mrg8n@mail.virginia.edu>
To:        "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Color term settings

Setting PuTTY's Connection Terminal-type string to xterm-color did the trick.
Be aware that this option is not available to change while connected. Thanks
to all who replied.

	-Mike

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 12:13:15PM -0500, Andresen,Jason R. wrote:

> Mike Galvez wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running a 4.0 release of FreeBSD and connecting to the server via ssh
> > (PuTTY). My .muttrc has color settings which display fine on the console but
> > they don't show up when connecting via PuTTY. I modified .cshrc to use colorls
> > from the ports collection. Colorls displays color as expected via PuTTY/ssh.
> > Is there a term setting I should add to .login_conf? /etc/ttys?
>
> You're probably going to have to set your terminal type to one of the
> "color
> enabled" versions.  I used to use xterm-color with puttys xterm mode,
> but
> some things may break with that setting.
>
> --
>   / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org
>  / /\/\ \ | | | | | |/ /|_|_  | Views expressed may not reflect those
> /_/    \_\|_| |_| |_|\_\|___| | of the Mitre Corporation.

Michael Galvez
Computer Systems Sr. Engineer         Office: 804-982-2975
Financial Analysis                    E-Mail: mrg8n@virginia.edu
University of Virginia        Messenger Mail: Carruthers Hall