Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 19:57:30 +1000
From:      Jonathan Michaels <jon@welearn.com.au>
To:        Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: curious about memory report usingfreebsd v3.3-release

andy,

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 08:11:46AM -0700, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> Your message dated: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:12:49 +1000
>
> >that is what i thought and so i purchased a intel eepro .. only
> >to find i got one of teh "new microsoftised ones" with the ake
> >on lan cable and all that other paraphenalia. thier was some
> >mention of a 'problem' in teh firmware that make it hard to
> >have two of these cards on teh same segment.
>
> This used to be true, the cards would come up with an unrecognised PHY
> message and the same MAC address.

i seem to remeber this bit from somewhere.

> However, DG spliced in the required changes to support this card around
> about 3/28, since which time it's been working perfectly for me :-)

as i'm not routing the whole .au domain (grin) now that woud
seriously stress the old i386dx33 .. smile. or, doing anyting
'serious' i should expect to have a similar responce.

so far i've had a very forgiving relationship with freebsd on
my hardware .. with the one excption being the linux emulation
stuffup on some poorly written linux apps that sig11'ed while
running specifically in xfree circa v2.1.5-release and or
v2.1.7-release, finally it was revealed to be a programming
error and not my hardware .. that was a long few weeks.

thank you fro your responce.

warm regards, apreciations.

jonathan