Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:02:10 -0400
From:      William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptop booting issue

I recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 on a ThinkPad 600X.  The install seemed
to go fine, but when I reboot and I look at the menu, I have two choices
- F1 DOS, F2 FreeBSD.  There is nothing on the DOS partition, so I want
  to press F2.

There isn't any response however.  If I hit F1 it tries to boot the
remnants of the previous OS (Win98), but if I hit F2 I get squat.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?  Or should I just install Windoze
first (I have to dual-boot :-( ) and then try again?  Any input would be
appreciated.  Thanks.
--

yours,

William O'Higgins