Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:11:31 -0700
From:      Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rvplayer v5 help

Hello,

I just got the rvplayer v5 Linux ELF binary from Real Networks.

The Linux compat module is loaded, I started it up, it crapped out.  Ah-ha
I realized, I copied the lib* files from /usr/local/rvplayer5.0 to
/usr/lib and started it again.

Worked fine, no complaints, video worked, except... no sound.

raplayer3.0 for FreeBSD works fine I might add.

So I copy the lib* files to /compat/linux/lib and try again.  Now when
I try to play I get "cannot open audio device" and in the controlling
terminal:

LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=6, typ=0x450(P), num=0xf not implemented

any thoughts?  I really really want to be able to run v5

Thanks
Skye

--
 __                 __     __           "The problem is not whether the song