Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:28:31 +0000
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Morand?= <seb.morand@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPS and thunderbird

--------------enig248BFEC6CE63A684DA8F32D0

--------------040904020302070808090904

Hi,

I'm using thunderbird to read my mail and I'm not able to open directly t=
he=20
attachments ".pps". Actually I get a lot of file like this for my work, a=
nd it's=20
quite boring to have to save them in a directory and then read them with =
openoffice.

When I try to read them zith tunderbird, the mime type is not recognized,=
 this=20
is an "unknown" type and the application proposed is mplayer (don't ask w=
hy...).

Then i could choose the right application and open it, but the button rem=
ember=20
the choice is not available, so I have to choose manually the program=20
evertytime, this is also quite boring.

So my questions are:
Why pps file are not recognized as powerpoint file?
Why am I not able to keep remember the choice to open .pps file with open=
office?

Thanks for any help,

Sebastien