Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 1996 18:28:00 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, tinman@cco.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows and DOS for Free BSD

> > Unfortunately, yes.  Engineering classes here require matlab, which
> > unfortunately is a dos beast.  I'd LOVE to be able to run it (or Mathcad,
> > even better) under FreeBSD.

Ah yes, Matlab, I remember it well. Is there a Linux version (and if
so, does it run in our emulator)? Or am I getting mixed up with
Mathematica?

> I have the same problem HERE, people wanting to use math... I ask a
> polish math professor, and he presented me to GP PARI.
> I see the program working, it's Free and Fantastic, plot graphics,
> multiple precision math, unlimited user space,  and very, very FAST.

Any chance of the source being made publically available (preferably
under a Berkeley-style copyright?)

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk