Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:16:56 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic with NFSv3 on a CURRENT/SMP system

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 10:24:33PM +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> That's what I'm thinking but compiling NFS into the kernel "fixed" my
> panic. The weird part is that I'm still using INVARIANT. I don't see why the
> condition is not met when compiling all these together and is when using the
> kld.

As I understand it, compiling the kernel with INVARIENTS makes it
uncompatable with modules compiled without INVARIENTS. The reason
is probably to do with inline functions and the like - I see some
inline functions in vm_zone.h which set and check certain variables
only when INVARIANTS is defined. The variables seem also to be set
and checked in vm_zone.c.

So I suppose if you use an inline function to initialise something
without INVARIENTS in a module, and then it is checked by the kernel
which did have INVARIENTS defined things go boom...

	David.