Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:32:16 +0400
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@over.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SIOCGIFCONF (or qmail?) problem?

Hello!

I've just found, that bringing up ppp0 on a computer with one more network
interface causes qmail-1.03 to crash.

Investigating further, I've found that one of qmail's internal variables
gets overwriten when calling ioctl SIOCGIFCONF with pointer to ifconf
structure as argument (ipme.c, line 57 in qmail).

I still have not found if qmail gives wrong address to ioctl or if ioctl use
more memory than requested. The fail seems to occur after iterating through
ds0 interface.

By the way, what is ds0, how it should be configured, and where is it
described? What does it do?

Does anyone else runs FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE with qmail and dial-in access?

Alex.