Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:23:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audit work:  libc's setenv() and putenv()

Although, the actions of putenv("=blah"); returning 0 seems weird and
after talking to Theo a bit.. I've kind of decided to retract this patch
:-)

Basically, the sanity checks should not be there.. which I was questioning
anyway (check below).  Also, since openbsd, solaris _and_ freebsd all do
the returning of 0 on the above call, then I think it would be bad to
change this functionality.

anyway, if people think otherwise, interject!

andrew