Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 17:47:50 -0500
From:      hitman.jack@djo.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   You tell me...

Hello, i hope i wrote this to the right place.  Ok, well i have a
freebsd problem.  I'm too lame to figure it out so, here goes.
Well, i NOW have freebsd 3.0 and was installing it with boot.flp for 3.0
as i should, and while i boted from the floppy it did its thing, and
when it got to the end of decompressing the kernel, instead of going
into the setup menu ( ive done it with 2.1.7 ) it does some weird stuff
with the monitor.  I have a VGA monitor, and a super VGA card on my
cyrix686 with 8 megs of ram.  Well, it just shows a bunch of colorful
 vertical lines spaced about a quarter of an inch apart, like it might
be a conflict with the SVGA and only a VGA monitor, i dunno though.  And
each thing on the screen in symbolized by some other colored horizontal
or vertical line.  I can still type and interact with the setup program
as normal, its just that the display is screwed up and i cant see
anything. Run 2.1.7? no, that doesnt work either.  2.1.7 doesnt do the
screen screw up when the kernel decompresses on the floppy, it does it
when the kernel decompresses on the disk, after installation.  The
standard unix login thing has no colors in it, so i was even more
curious why it does that.  But just like before, i can login as root and
do all the same stuff, just i cant see anything except the green line
that is supposed to represent the #.  And these are not those ascii
lines, just some VGA stuff.  Well i would really  like to run freebsd
and not linux so if you guys could help me out i would greatly
and not linux.  So if you could help me out.  I would greatly appreciate
and if you guys could help me out, i would greatly appreciate it.
---
Sent via: Disk Jockey Online - Portland's Premier Entertainment System
          Send e-mail to info@djo.com for information
Sent by:
 Hitman Jack
 hitman.jack@djo.com