Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 13:51:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wietse@porcupine.org (Wietse Venema)
To:        kris@hiwaay.net (Kris Kirby)
Cc:        wietse@porcupine.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need FreeBSD 4.0 removable SCSI support

Kris Kirby:
> > When I insert the Adaptec 1460B SCSI controller, the machine locks
> > up after "camcontrol rescan 0", exactly like it did with FreeBSD
> > 4.0-RELEASE yesterday.
>
> Perhaps then the solution would be to keep the SCSI card in the slot
> at all times, and "camcontrol rescan 0" whenever you connect and
> disconnect the Jaz drive.

It's not like I scream to the mailing list upon the first problem.

I have rebooted the machine dozens of times with the card already
in the machine and it makes no difference. Please do not add to
the noise level in my mailbox.

> I've got a machine with a 1540B in it which I never turn off, but instead
> I disconnect drives and reconnect them as necessary. Nifty SCSI test box,
> slow as molasses...

The Adaptect 1460 is a pig as well, but it's a whole lot better than
having nothing.

	Wietse