Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:31:30 -0800
From:      "Unice, Kyle" <kyle.unice@intel.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Starting Jarkata-Tomcat in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Folks,

I can start tomcat just fine from the command line, but when I try starting
it from a script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d, it does not run.  I go in with "ps waux | grep -i jak"
and nothing is there.
I have three scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d:
apache.sh
mysql.sh
dhcpd.sh

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thx
Kyle

#!/bin/sh
PATH=$PATH:/jdk/bin
export PATH
JAVA_HOME=/jdk
export JAVA_HOME
TOMCAT_HOME=/jakarta-tomcat
export TOMCAT_HOME
if [ -x /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl ];
	then
	date >> /tmp/log.txt
	/jakarta-tomcat/bin/tomcat.sh start >> /tmp/log.txt 1>>/tmp/log.txt
2>>/tmp/log.txt
	 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start > /dev/null
	 echo -n 'apache '
	fi

W. Kyle Unice
Senior Software Eng.                               Mail Stop  UT2 F2-46
Internet Management Appliance Division   American Fork, Utah 84003
Intel Corporation                                       Voice: (801)
763-2853
734 East Utah Valley Drive, Suite #300     FAX: (801) 763-2897
Viewpoints, opinions, and content are my own and not necessarily those of
Intel Corp.