Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 18:31:15 +0000 ()
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Etherlink II card

Hi (again) everyone :)

  Thanks to the tip about the cyrix caching problem, I can now get to the
installation procedure... my problem NOW is that I can't get FreeBSD to
recognise my Etherlink II (I think the relevant number is BC503) card.

System stats: Cyrix 486SLC system, AMIBIOS 12/12/91, 8MB RAM, pretty
standard equipment... trident 512k video card, two IDE HDDs.

When running the boot disk I get 'unable to clear shared memory at
xxxxxx' (regardless of what I set the shared memory address to on the
card) ... is this a known problem? Should I (as I've been told) give up
with the ethernet card?

    -Justin.

| Justin Viiret                       Cyburbia Network Services             |
| justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au          Co-sysadmin                           |
| http://cyburbia.bns.com.au/~justin  A96 Music Competition (dis)Organiser  |
 \------------------[Relax, it's only ones and zeroes.]--------------------/