Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:54:48 -0600
From:      Christopher Taylor <chris@thedial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slow uploads...

Something I think is important to add to my last post. I have discovered
that if I am uploading from both my FreeBSD workstation and Linux
workstation at the same time, it doesn't seem to effect the individual
throughput rates. In other words, the aggregate throughput is addative.

Example:

When each machine is uploading by itself...
Machine A uploads at 40kB/s
Machine B uploads at 70kB/s

When they are uploading simultaneously...
Machine A uploads at 40kB/s
Machine B uploads at 70kB/s
for a total of 110kB/s....no slow down ?!?

If my coloc'd server is capable of receiving 110kB/s when both of my
workstations are uploading, then why won't it receive the same when only
one of the workstations is uploading.

Another point...LAN transfers between my workstations averages around
1,000kB/s

--Chris

--

Christopher Taylor