Date:      Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:04:24 -0400
From:      Dave Grochowski <davegro@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Nvidia binary driver. . .

Hey,

I have Compaq R3000z with an Athlon 64 3200+, nForce 3 chipset, and an
Nvidia Geforce 4 440 Go.  Currently, I am running the i386 version of
6-CURRENT, with the newest Xorg and whatnot.  The problem is that when I
try to startx with the binary Nvidia driver installed, I get an error
stating:

NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS kernel
NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended.

I tried both Nvidia's AGP and FreeBSD's AGP driver, but neither worked.
When I check the sysctl hw.nvidia.agp.status.status, it says that it is
disabled, regardless of which AGP I choose to use.  If anyone has any
insight on what to do to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dave Grochowski.