Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 1995 03:02:43 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org, rich@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X distribution

In message <9510192327.AA12071@cabri.obs-besancon.fr> Jean-Marc Zucconi
    writes:

>There are not two building systems. XFree86 provide binaries and
>READMEs telling how to rebuild the system from sources and
>patches. The XFree 'port' is a translation of this in a makefile

I not mean building ideas/algorithms here, but real life
situation. Now I fix XFree port (assume that Satoshi will commit
the fix in near future because it emergency needed) and not shure
that this fix will be passed to another building system (I mean
Rich here). If Rich will builds the system from your port
(and maybe some needed programs from contrib additionly),
this problem can't even occurse.
Rich, please, consider my proposal.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -