Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 03:44:47 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another grep question

Giorgos Keramidas writes:

GK> It may not be related to what you are seeing, but grep(1)
GK> is locale-aware.  What it considers a "text" character
GK> depends on the current locale settings.

I tried setting LC_ALL to en_US.UTF-8, en_US.ISO8859-15, and
en_US.ISO8859-1, with no effect.  The character in question is an
opening double quotation mark in the Windows character set.  I want to
find it in my Web pages and replace it by an appropriate HTML escape
sequence.  I know it's out there, but grep isn't finding it, or I'm not
telling it how to find the character correctly.

--
Anthony