Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:13:32 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Bit off topic: CVS

I followed the steps at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvs-freebsd/ to modify
an already running cvs repository and all seems good.
I allow another user cvs write access and included that user into the
ncvs group.
I created a new directory and it now has my ownership of gsam:ncvs.
The other user was unable to to retrieve the new directory from cvs update.
Im assuming its because the directory didn't belong to them.

So bottom line, is it possible to setup cvs as its own user so that in a
group situation, new files/directories are created
as the cvs user instead of the commitor.
I think I saw an option for the avail file, but I haven't explored it as
yet...

Thanks for any insight you may provide..

--
Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/