Date:      Sat, 04 Mar 2000 18:10:00 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Shared IRQs

In message <20000303192526.A425@dreamfire.net> Sean-Paul Rees writes:
: I have a FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT (cvsup'ed as of tonight) machine. It has a USB
: controller (PIIX3) and an ethernet controller sharing irq 10. I'm not
: much in the way of a hardware expert, so I'm wondering if this is safe or
: if I should reroute the ethernet card or the usb to another irq.

PCI supports shared interrupts.  If the ethernet controller is on the
pci bus like the PIIX3 chipset, then yes.  Otherwise no.

Warner