Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:24:36 +0100
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: $PATH and buildworld not getting along

On 2011-02-18 17:36, Alexander Best wrote:
> i'd say no. imo nothing from /usr/local/* should ever be invoked when compiling
> a target in /usr/src. everything that's needed is in /usr/* (excluding local).
>
> so $PATH should unconditionally be set to sth. like:
>
> PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin;
>
> to be sure no tools, libs or whatever from any foreign place such as
> /usr/local/* get sucked into a build.

I'm not sure if you modified anything in your source tree, but my
/usr/src/Makefile has this line very close to the start of the file:

PATH=   /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

so what is the problem, exactly? :)

If you are building stuff by hand, you are outside regular territory
anyway, and you should simply pay attention to your PATH yourself.