Date:      Sun,  3 Dec 1995 04:08:29 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Subject:   Re: Minor change to make

In message <199512022324.XAA14699@exalt.x.org> Kaleb S. KEITHLEY
    writes:

>I know hacking make isn't as sexy as writing file systems, schedulers,
>MS-DOS emulators, and linux binary compat; but I don't understand the
>resistance to adding this? For as many times as I build X, it would save

Resistance is very simple: removing this warning you lost ability
to detect wrongly typed include file names. It is vital for most of
system Makefiles in FreeBSD and can cause unpredictable things.

Whats wrong with my proposal?
(make this change controlled by special
.IGNORE_INCLUDES:
target?)
Lost of things already controlled in such way.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -