Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 19:45:50 +0000 ()
From:      tim kelley <tim@fifth-avenue.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache Vir. Host/ NCSA httpd

Hi,

Has anyone out there configured Apache to successfully run Virtual Hosts
along the following lines:

	-- a server with an IP address of 204.216.163.3 answering to
		"www.foo.com" (this I have done)

	-- now, can I make an IP address of 204.216.163.100 answering to
		"www.foobar.com" ?

	--  now, can I make an IP address of 204.216.163.101 answering to
		"www.foobarfoo.com" ?

Questions are:

	1.) In the config files for the host machine, do I need to make
	the second and third IP addresses available to config files in
	FreeBSD or does Apache just handle that? If the former, how do I
	do this?

	2.) Can you give me a sense of the Virtual Host syntax to use in the
	httpd.conf file?

	3.) What exactly does the .htaccess file do (in srm.conf)?

Finally, is there a port of NCSA's 1.4 httpd for FreeBSD? Where?

Thanks,

Tim