Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:13:06 +0100
From:      Stephanie Wehner <_@r4k.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.4R 'crash'

Hi,

I have some problems with 3.4R on one machine. It occasionally crashes
in such a way that everything is dead, but I can still ping the machine.
There's nothing in the logs or on the console.

I'm running an almost generic kernel on the machine except for the
following things:
maxusers	128
pseudo-device   pty     256     # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
pseudo-device   bpfilter 4      #Berkeley packet filter

options KTRACE
options QUOTA

3.1 ran fine on the machine. The only things that changed are a new disk
(which worked fine in another machine) and the fact that it's 3.4R now.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
bye,
Stephanie
        "I had to hit him -- he was starting to make sense."