Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:19:09 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp filters

Routing note from: Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it> 11/25/00 04:20pm

Hello.
I'd like to have ppp work in auto mode; however I'd like to control exactly when it should
dial-up or hang, so I put the following in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf:

       set filter dial 0 permit udp dst eq 8081
       set filter alive 0 permit udp dst eq 8081
       set filter out 0 deny udp dst eq 8081
       set filter out 1 permit 0 0
       set timeout 30
       set mode auto

Then I wrote a small program that sends every 10 seconds an UDP packet to port 8081 to an
host outside my network.
When I start up this program ppp dials (as I expect), however blocking the packet with the
"out" filter prevents it from keeping the connection alive.
Is there a way to correct whis?

 Bye & Thanks
	av.