Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 07:10:36 -0800
From:      Jason Fesler <jfesler@calweb.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disappearing  INETD ?

We're now seeing on our 2.2.5 machines, inetd disappearing.
On a pair of shell servers, we  see inetd disappear on one or the other an
average of about once a  day now, and it's been happening for the last two
weeks.

I've put in a  hack where inetd writes a pid file now, and a script that
runs in cron */1 to make sure inetd is still running.  However, I'm hoping
this will only be a stop gap measure.

Any ideas?  Anyone else having this problem?

--
Jason Fesler  jfesler@calweb.com   'whois jf319'     | Free SGI security  tip:
Admin, CalWeb Internet Services   www.calweb.com     |  Unplug your ethernet!