Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:30:46 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pick a mail client for my wife

On Friday 16 April 2004 10:37 am, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> My wife has been using sylpheed for over a year. She has used various
> versions of sylpheed and sylpheed claws.
>
> She does not like it. It continually reflags her read emails as unread
> (bold again).
>
> It does not display attached images. Setting up a mailcap is not known to
> her.
>
> It is now slow to retrieve emails. (It retrieves fine but then redraws the
> top list numerous times as it indexes(?) the new emails.)
>
> What should she try? It needs to be a friendly, point-and-click GUI
> interface. Hopefully lightweight without needs for KDE, QT3, nor GNOME
> libraries (but maybe that is not possible).

My wife uses kmail and is fairly happy with it, but then again, I also have
all of kde3 installed on the box we use for a desktop at home.  I actually
run a Cyrus server though, so we use kmail over IMAP, but I imagine if it can
handle IMAP sanely, it should do very well for local mailboxes + POP3, etc.