Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:10:42 +0000
From:      Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>
To:        Alan Corey <coreya@mbs.valinet.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cardbus support survey

Alan Corey wrote:

> Most people seem to have card requests.  I have a controller request: the
> TI PCI-1131.
>
> I don't own any Cardbus cards but this Presario 1610 has a Cardbus
> controller.  I spent a week or so trying to get it working then gave up
> and loaded PAO, after having just fdisked to get rid of PAO.  It works but
> I'd rather be using mainstream supported code.  (Running 3.3-RELEASE
> here.)

It works just fine.  I'm running -current, but it also worked for me in
-stable (back in 1998).  The TI-1131 is a PCI-Cardbus/PCCard bridge, so
it supports both PCMCIA (PCCard) and Cardbus cards, although the Cardbus
side of things is currently unsupported.

You should see something like this in your dmesg:

pcic0: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 7.0 on pci0
pcic1: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 7.1 on pci0
PC-Card VLSI 82C146 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 10
Initializing PC-card drivers: ep

-current is a different story.

Alex