Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 16:36:52 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@freefall.freebsd.org>, jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dfr@render.com, dfr@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weirdie in mountd perhaps you can help me with...

On Nov 8,  6:37am, Bill Paul wrote:
}
} You can also test it somewhat using the rpcinfo command by asking it to
} ping mountd's NULLPROC (RPC procudure 0 is usually reserved for a null
} function that basically acts as a loopback of sorts; rpcinfo can be used
} to call the null procedure and if you get an answer, you know the RPC
} server is still alive). If the process is blocked inside a select loop
} in the DNS code though, I'm not sure you would get an immediate answer.

I believe that you would not get an immediate answer, since the code
is likely non-threaded and non-event driven other than the outer select()
loop.

			---  Truck