Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:33:36 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/1792: new port, splitvt

According to David E. O'Brien:
> Wow!  Never knew that existed.  Nice.  I guess the only reason for the
> port now is for compatiblity across systems.

Beware that splitvt was the target for a CERT advisory because one of the
version had a security hole you could drive a PPro running Linux through
(splitvt originated on Linux).

The latest version has this fixed but we probably should read the code
carefully as it has to be setuid root...
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #25: Tue Oct 15 21:13:57 MET DST 1996