Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 2021 21:48:18 -0800
From:      Patrick Mahan <plmahan@gmail.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Suggested upgrade for a GeForce GT 450

This might be better suited for freebsd-hardware, but I thought I would
start here.

I have an older system I built myself that has a GeForce GT 450.  This
graphics card has served me well and through multiple FreeBSD upgrades.  I
had it connected to my two displays using DVI-to-HDMI cables and everything
works great.  But I am now transitioning to being a full-time telecommuter
for work.  My work supplied system has a docking box that connects using
DisplayPort.  My displays supported each, however, I have limited desktop
real estate, so I was sent a modern KVM switch that, unfortunately, only
supports DisplayPort.  However the GT 450 does not support DisplayPort, so
I am unable to currently use my FreeBSD system via graphics.  However, I
liked to use it via X11 because I make heavy use of Dia and other graphic
tools to document my work.

So before I jump into the wilds of the Nvidia forums and other groups, I
thought I would ask here.  I would like to hear any recommendations for the
new Nvidia graphics from this list as I tend to find most of the
recommendations useful.

Thanks for listening,

Patrick