Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 02:47:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        bextreme@m4.sprynet.com (Jesse)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 460.8 kb/s serial ports?

Jesse Brown <bextreme@sprynet.com> suggested to me:
> I have done a little looking, and their are cards that will support
> speeds of 480kb\s or FASTER per port. Some manufacturers are Digi
> (http://www.dgii.com) and Cyclades (http://www.cyclades.com)

According to what I found there, the fastest from Digi is a dumb board with
a bunch of 230.4 kb/s ports (sustained half-duplex rating). Cyclades boasts
an intelligent board at 460.8 kb/s full duplex on all 8 ports simultaneously,
at around $700 ($400 on special limited dealer/ISP introductory offer).

Do we have a driver for this beast yet, or is one in the works somewhere
behind the scenes? It's the Cyclades 8Zo card, looks quite impressive.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>