Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 23:15:04 -0500
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Funky boot loader

I have recently built a new FreeBSD machine. Started out as 4.1 cvsup'ed
and updated by the book. Everything went clean, as always. The issue is that
once we remove the CD-ROM drive from the machine FreeBSD will not boot. The
BTX boot loader just displays a lot of hexidecimal values and sits there. If
you put the CD-ROM drive back in, everything is fine and it boots clean. The
CD-ROM is sitting on the secondary ide controller as the slave drive. The
other disk in the machine is sitting on the primary ide controller as the
master drive.

The box is currently running 4.3-STABLE cvsup'ed as of 18:00 CST.

Please reply to me privately because I am not subscribed to this mailing
list.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

--
Erich Zigler