Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:13:26 -0400
From:      Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem su'ing to root

Hey everyone,

I have run into a bit of a problem.  For some reason, when I ssh into my
FreeBSD box and try to su to root, I get this message:

su: /bin/csh: No such file or directory

Looks like the root user is set up to use csh, when it isn't on the machine.
How can I change the root user's shell?  I can't su to root right now as the
csh is not found.

Help!  Is there any way to do this remotely?  If not, how do I go about
fixing this?

Thanks

Brendan